- This event has passed.
26 inclusive writing workshop: hidden disabilities
23 June, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm£ 10 – £ 20
The first in a series of 26 workshops focused on aspects of diversity and inclusion, this session will help writers:
• understand what is meant by hidden disabilities and long-term health conditions
• think about the language they use when talking about hidden disabilities
• explore ideas of victimhood and objectifying
• create sensitive and positive copy about hidden disabilities
• think about whose voices they want to amplify
This is a workshop for anyone who writes about disability and health, or who has an interest in these areas. It will be especially useful for anyone who writes fundraising copy or factual/information copy, and for journalists.
The session will be delivered by Sarah Butler of Looseleaf Productions, who has lived and worked with ME for over 25 years. She has written for Sense, The National Autistic Society and Age UK and other voluntary organisations, specialising in sensory impairments and other disabilities.
The workshop itself will run from 6.30 to 8pm, with an optional informal discussion until 8.30.