26 Inclusive writing workshop: focus on gender and trans identity
22 September @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
A practical workshop to help you write more inclusively — with trans people and gender in mind
About this event
The third in a series of 26 workshops focused on aspects of diversity and inclusion, this session will help you:
• explore assumptions about gender and trans people
• understand the subtleties of pronouns
• recognise and resolve sensitive writing issues
• reflect on your gender identity
• sit with discomfort, and discover creative possibilities
• expand your awareness and enhance your writing skills
This workshop is for anyone who’d like to learn more about writing well with trans people in mind. It’s designed for non-transgender writers, but all are welcome.
The session will be delivered by Loa Beckenstein, a writer, witch, and chaplain-in-training in Queens, New York in the US. Loa has been sensitivity-reading, consulting, and training about trans issues for many years.
The workshop itself will run from 6.30 to 8pm, with an optional informal discussion until 8.30pm.